Saturday, March 7, 2015

Quiet book page: Hello Kitty

Time for another quiet book post.

Another popular page is doll dress up- similar to paper doll dress up only with felt - like from this blog

Once again I wanted to make pages with things that Koala was familiar with so one day when Koala was coloring in her Hello Kitty coloring book, I came up with the idea of a Hello Kitty dress up page. This was easier than making a doll template since I wasn't sure how cute I could make the doll. Plus making the clothes for Hello Kitty was easy. 

I traced the template of Hello Kitty from the coloring book since there was one page that had the perfect size for the book. 
I added a strip of Velcro just so the felt wouldn't get as worn out from the sticky part of the Velcro. 

For the clothes, one quiet book had an armoir to hold the clothes which I thought was a cute idea. 

I traced the armoir from this page and just made it wider to fit my 11x11 page. 

The outfits are 'hanging' on the inside. I put strips of velcro on the inside of the armoir and the back of the outfits. Each outfit is reinforced with Pellon and sewn together. I had matching bows for the outfits but some have gotten lost. 
Some of the pins & outfits: pic taken when I was in the process of making them


Koala is so funny because when Hello Kitty is in between outfits and isn't wearing anything, Koala says, 'Hello Kitty cold!' and then she shivers and puts an outfit on Hello Kitty. lol


This page was one of the pages that kept Koala busiest on the plane and it's probably the most worn out page because she uses it the most. She seems to enjoy changing Hello Kitty's outfits and accessories. Success!


1 comment: